National Sun Yat-sen University has cultivated countless social elites and talents since its establishment in 1980. The Alumni Service Center was officially established on February 1, 2015. Located in the Xizi Alumni Building, the center actively provides alumni contacts and services to more than 60,000 alumni worldwide. The Alumni Service Center was restructured as a first-level administrative unit on February 1, 2017, aiming to provide quality services through strengthening the alumni network, increasing care among alumni, and maintaining alumni and alma mater connections to advance university development.
The major tasks of the Alumni Service Center include:
- Maintaining close connections among NSYSU Alumni Associations worldwide, serving as bridge between alumni and their alma mater, NSYSU.
- Electing outstanding alumni for their outstanding contribution in a particular field through their good deeds, services or contributions to the university, society or the nation.
- Releasing regularly the Alumni Service Center E-newsletter, providing information on the latest university developments, alumni association news, and alumni benefits, enhancing better understanding of the university and alumni associations.
- Managing and maintaining NSYSU alumni database and serving alumni contact platform.
- Hosting alumni reunion events, such alumni home coming and distinguished alumni activities, strengthening the interactions between the alumni and the university.
- Issuing NSYSU Alumni Card providing multiple benefits and offers to alumni, such as special store discounts and access to university library.
- Responsible for the management of the Xizi Alumni House, providing venue rental service.
- Responsible for promoting fundraising and managing donations to increase external funding to support university development.